Last week I made these Mini Reese’s Cheesecake Bites because we had a ton of leftover Halloween candy. I’m sure none of you have leftover candy anymore, but that’s okay. I’m sure you all know where to find some Reese’s PB Cups.
I almost made these using Snickers instead of Reese’s PB Cups, but then I thought I should just follow the recipe and see what happened. And I’m glad I did!
These little babies were awesome. Peanut buttery. Chocolatey. Rich and sweet. Lately, I’ve been craving something sweet after dinner. These hit the spot.
Can I admit something though? I had a hard time chopping up the Reese’s PB Cups. Those guys are my favorite candy. And at first I felt like maybe I was wasting them. Well, that obviously wasn’t true.
Mini Reese’s Cheesecake Bites
recipe from Table
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed up
- 2 T melted butter
For the cheesecake:
- 2- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 T flour
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the ganache:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24 count mini muffin pan.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs and butter. Put a teaspoon of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each cup.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- While that’s baking, make your cheesecake. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and peanut butter. Add in flour, sugar, half-and-half and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated. Stir in eggs.
- When the graham cracker crusts are done, turn your oven down to 350 degrees. Top each graham cracker cup with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the cheesecake is done. Let cheesecake come to room temp and then stick them in the fridge for at least two hours.
- After the cheesecake bites are good and cold, make your ganache. In a large pot, bring some water to a boil. In a glass bowl, mix your chocolate chips and heavy cream together. Set bowl over pot, and stir until melted.
- Spoon chocolate ganache over cheesecake bites and top with chopped pb cups.
- Keep in the fridge and enjoy!
- The original recipe said it makes 12 mini cheesecakes, but somehow I got 24. There ya go.