If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter our giveaway! I love reading all your comments, and just so you know, the reason I’m not replying to any of them (which kills me because I loooove replying!) is because I don’t want to enter myself into the giveaway. Thanks for all your feedback and lovely comments. Update: Giveaway is over.
I love summers in that there’s always cheap, fresh fruit available. Last week strawberries were really cheap so I picked some up and made this dish.
The dish is perfect for summer. Light, sweet, healthy. I love it and would like to have it at every meal. My kids ate it up, which is always a plus.
Strawberries, Peaches, and Basil with Orange Vinaigrette
recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 T honey
- 1 & 1/2 T champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 large ripe peach, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Combine the orange juice, honey, and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Add oil and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Combine berries and peach in a large bowl. Add juice mixture, stirring gently. Sprinkle with basil.
– the Jilb