Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
I really like recipes that use a Crock Pot. Lately, it seems by dinnertime I really don’t feel like making much of anything. In comes the crock pot. I love that I can start it hours before the food is ready and not have to think about it.
This recipe turned out great! I probably cooked it a bit too long, but that won’t stop me from using it again. I stirred it every hour, and then every half hour which I think helped the cheese and milk from curdling and turning into a nasty mess. If you look at the original recipe, it’s a little bit different and there are a ton of helpful comments. I tweaked it to suit my needs, and watched it so it didn’t turn into a noodle mess, and it was great!
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
recipe adapted from CrockPot 365
- 1- 12 oz box of Whole Wheat Rotini
- 5 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of cheese (I used a mix of shredded cheddar and Mexican)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- bread crumbs
- Spray crock pot with a non-stick spray.
- Whisk milk and egg together. Stir in spices. Add cheese and pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-5 hours (mine took about 3) or high for 1-3. After the first hour, I stirred and then continued to check it every half hour and right before it was done I threw some bread crumbs on top.
- Once the pasta is fork tender, it’s done!