Football Food: Crack Bread
This recipe for Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls is all over Pinterest. After I found out the recipe comes from Plain Chicken, a really good food blog I found recently, I knew this would be a hit. And, of course, it was.
This bread lives up to its name. I made it for lunch and the kids could not stop eating it. And neither could I. I told myself I was only going to have a couple of pieces, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I ate a third of it. It’s really good, and you guessed it, really easy!
Make this delicious, yet simple bread for your next football party. You won’t be disappointed.
recipe from Plain Chicken
- 1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
- 3 oz. bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 T Ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Using a bread knife cut your bread going both ways, but make sure not to cut through the bread.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil on your lined baking sheet. Put bread on aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get them in between the cuts.
- Mix your butter and ranch mix in a small bowl. Pour ranch butter all over bread.
- Wrap bread in foil, and bake for 15 minutes. Take off foil, and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
– the Jilb