Football Food: Stromboli
This Stromboli is the perfect food to have at your next football game. It’s so easy to put together and it can feed an army! (Okay, maybe not an army, especially if that “army” consists of a bunch of male twenty-somethings or if you have a couple of toddlers in your house that can eat more than you do at any given meal). Let’s say this Stromboli is the perfect appetizer!
This Stromboli is full of cheesy-goodness. Just looking at that picture makes me want another slice. It also has ham and pepperoni, which happens to be a great combination!
recipe from Liv Life
- 1- 16 oz loaf frozen bread dough, thawed (or 1/4 of this homemade pizza dough)
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 lb. pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni to cut the grease)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano- divided
- 1/2 tsp. basil- divided
- 3 oz. sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cornmeal
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bread dough on a greased or lined baking sheet. If you’re using homemade pizza dough, roll it out on the counter. Then add your ham slices down the length of your dough. Add your pepperoni on top of the ham.
- Put a 1/4 tsp. of oregano and 1/4 tsp. basil on top of your meats.
- Place your provolone cheese on top of the herbs. Then add your mozzarella cheese on top of the provolone cheese.
- Moisten all ends of dough with water. Bring each edge of dough to the center, starting with the long edges. You really want to secure these well or else your cheese will seep out (which really isn’t a bad thing.).
- Brush 1 T of melted butter on the dough, then sprinkle your cornmeal on the butter. Then you want to carefully invert your dough so the seam is face down on your cookie sheet. Brush with remaining butter, and I like to sprinkle whatever Italian seasonings I have on hand on top of the dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until your Stromboli is golden brown.
– the Jilb