Our Favorite Sandwich: Sweet Chili Turkey Panini
We love this sandwich. As the post heading says, it’s our favorite.
There’s not much to this sandwich. Bread. Cheese. Turkey. And the key to the whole wonderful thing: Sweet Chili Sauce. If you haven’t had Sweet Chili Sauce before, you need to try it ASAP. It’s sweet and tangy at the same time. If gives the sandwich a bit of a bite. You will love it!
This is a really basic recipe, if you want to even call it a “recipe.” You can use whatever cheese you want. I usually have blocks of sharp cheddar in my fridge, so that’s what is used most often. Sometimes we use ham, but we seem to like the turkey better. I usually use softened butter or olive oil on the outside of the bread to give it that nice crunch when putting it on the panini press. Oh, and if you don’t have a panini press, you can easily make this by using a skillet, putting your sandwich on there and then using something heavy (like another, smaller skillet or a big lid) to press the sandwich down.
Sweet Chili Turkey Panini
recipe from the Reinis!
- Whole Wheat (or white) French or Italian bread, cut into thick slices
- Turkey (or ham, chicken…)
- Cheddar Cheese (Or something else, like brie.. mmm…)
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Seasonings. I like to use McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning, but I know there are seasonings out there specifically for the panini.
- Preheat the panini press.
- Butter or oil your sliced bread. Sprinkle seasonings on the buttered bread.
- When panini press is heated, put one slice of bread buttered side down on press. Pour a little Sweet Chili Sauce on and then layer with cheese and meat. Top with a slice of buttered bread and cook until browned.