These are my favorite side dish when it comes to Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or any party. They’re so good– cheesy, crunchy, full of potatoe-y goodness. Yum.
I look forward to these every year. My mother-in-law makes them and they are a huge hit!
recipe from my MIL
- 2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1-10 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ C melted butter
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ Cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 pint sour cream
- ½ C parmesan cheese
- ¼ C melted butter
- 2 Cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix your hashbrowns, salt, pepper, soup, cheddar cheese,1/2 melted butter, garlic salt, onion, and sour cream. Pour into the greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup melted butter, and cornflakes. Sprinkle on top of potatoes, and bake for 45-60 minutes or until done.