Popcorn Three Ways
Last week I really wanted popcorn, but not just the normal buttered popcorn. I found a recipe for popcorn that had chili powder on it, and that sounded really good. So, I made it.
I still had some popcorn left, so I made some others: Chocolate and Cinnamon.
So, I’ve got 3 popcorn options for you (and really the options are limitless): Chocolate, Chili, and Cinnamon.
My favorite of the three was the chocolate because, well, it’s chocolate. But I really liked them all and it’s good to have a variety, right?
Popcorn Three Ways: Chocolate, Chili, and Cinnamon
recipe adapted from Health Magazine
- 6 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1 T cocoa powder for the chocolate
- 1/4 tsp chili powder for the chili
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your honey, olive oil, salt. If you want the chocolate popcorn add the cocoa powder at this time. Same for the cinnamon. If you want the chili, wait until the end to sprinkle it on.
- Add the popcorn and toss well. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until popcorn is glistening and honey has slightly thickened, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes, and then if you want the chili powder, sprinkle the chili on it now.
- Keep in a container for up to 2 days.