Sometimes you just need dessert. How about a healthy dessert? One you won’t feel too bad about eating?
I love strawberries. They’re one of my favorite things about summer. So sweet. So perfect for summer.
This Strawberry Shortcake recipe uses honey instead of sugar. I also used Whole Wheat Pastry flour. And I made fresh whipped cream. Perfection in a bowl!
You are going to love this! It’s the perfect dessert for the summer. And who doesn’t love strawberry shortcake?
recipe from Heavenly Homemakers
- 1 & 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- whipped cream (I whipped my own whipped cream and added a tsp of vanilla extract and a tablespoon of honey)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish, and set aside.
- Mix together flour and baking powder. Mix in eggs, honey, oil, vanilla, and milk. Pour into greased baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool and then serve with strawberries and whipped cream.