Umm… so, these are amazing. Really, really tasty. We love pancakes in this house, but when you have to make pancakes for 6 people and those people will eat as many pancakes as they have fingers, making them doesn’t always sound that fun. So, I came across this recipe for pancake muffins, and knew right away that we had to try them out.
These Pancake Muffins were a giant hit. And it wasn’t just because I threw in some chocolate chips. Okay, maybe it was. Chocolate makes everything better.
I should mention these do taste like a pancake in muffin form. And I made them mini because anything small is so cute. Plus, I feel better eating three or four of something smaller, than eating even one normal-sized muffin.
Mini Whole Wheat Pancake Muffins
recipe slightly adapted from Baked Bree
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 T sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips (sometimes I do a 1/4, sometimes I do 1/2 depending on how chocolatey I want things)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix until well-combined. Mix in your chocolate chips.
- Put about a tablespoon of muffin batter into each mini muffin cup. I usually get around 18-24 muffins depending on how much I fill them.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until muffins are golden brown, and spring back when lightly touched.
– the Jilb