So, I made some bars for a pot luck that we went to yesterday. Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars. I told myself I wouldn’t eat any. That lasted about 5 minutes.
These are a-mazing. Seriously.
I made my own graham cracker crust because I’m crazy like that. But you don’t have to. If you want, just use regular ol’ graham crackers, plus a little melted butter for your crust. (Although making your own graham crackers is soooooo easy, and tasty!). Maybe I’ll have a post soon about homemade graham crackers…
So, about these bars. They’re full of chocolate chip cookie dough. Full of cheesecake. Graham crackers. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing better. Or at least that’s what I told myself after eating my third bar…
I got this recipe from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen. I only made a few changes, like making my own crust and cutting down on the sugar. If you want the original recipe, please visit her blog!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
recipe slightly adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 T butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To prepare the graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray, and then put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting it overhang over the short ends of the dish. Then spray the parchment paper with non-stick spray. This will really help to remove the bars after baking. In a small bowl, mix your flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. In another bowl, mix your melted butter and honey. Pour your honey butter mixture in with your flour and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Take your graham cracker crumbs and pat them down on the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until your crust is firm in the middle. Once crust is done, lower your oven temp to 325 degrees.
- While the crust is cooling, let’s make up the cookie dough. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the 5 T of butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth, about a minute or so. Mix in your flour with a wooden spoon. Then mix in the chocolate chips, and set aside.
- For the cheesecake filling: in another bowl, cream your cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well-blended. Spread the cheesecake filling on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Then put the cookie dough on top of the cheesecake layer. Your cookie dough with cover most (if not all) of the cheesecake layer. Bake 25-30 minutes or until the cookie dough layer is dry and firm and if you shake the pan slightly the middle looks set. Let bars cool completely in baking dish on a wire rack.
- Lift bars out of the pan using the overhang of the parchment paper. Slice into desired size. If you don’t eat them all immediately (you might!), they can be stored in the refrigerator or on the counter in a tupperware.
- Enjoy! (I know you will!)
– the Jilb
You might also like... Comment