I’ve got a really fun recipe for you all: Mac and Cheese Bites!
They’re kind of putzy to put together, but as a fun little thing I think making these every once in awhile would be fun.
The kids gobbled them up, and really who can blame them? Tiny, cheesy, handheld bites of macaroni ? Oh, yum! So, if you’re looking for something different and fun to do for dinner, give these Mac and Cheese Bites a try. You’ll love them!
Mac and Cheese Bites
recipe from FoodandWine.com
- 1 lb. of pasta (I used shells)
- 3 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 cups of cheese, shredded (I used a mix of cheddar, swiss, and mozzarella)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with a non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. I cooked mine around 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked your pasta, add your butter. On medium heat cook your butter until it’s melted, and then whisk in your flour. Continue whisking for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in your milk, and keep whisking another 5 minutes or until milk starts to boil.
- Add in your cheese, and mix until your cheese is melted.
- Take your cheese mixture off the heat, and mix in your egg yolks, and paprika.
- Mix in your pasta, and mix well or until everything is combined.
- In a small bowl, mix your breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon your mac and cheese into the mini muffin pan cups. Press down on the tops of the mac and cheese, and then sprinkle a little breadcrumb mixture on top of your mac and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let mac and cheese bites cool at least 5 minutes before taking them out of the muffin cups. Then use a spoon to carefully lift the mac and cheese bites out.
– the Jilb