Muffins. My favorite thing to have with coffee.
And since pumpkin is totally in right now, I thought it was time to have a pumpkin recipe on the blog, and you can’t go wrong with adding in some mini chocolate chips!
Mini muffins are the cutest thing ever. And I can eat lots and lots without feeling (too) guilty. Yum!
Mini Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins
recipe adapted from Recipe Girl
- 2 & 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T coconut oil- melted and cooled
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with baking cups or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients, and mix. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon as a scoop, and fill the muffin pan with the dough. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until done. Turn onto a wire rack and let cool completely.