A few things I’ve realized this week while we’ve been on the Daniel Fast:
- It seems like we center everything around food; meeting friends for coffee, getting together for the Super Bowl or even just watching TV at night when the kids are in bed.
- I’m having a problem with giving up coffee. We’re best friends. What can I say?
- The first three days I slept many hours and had headaches. Headaches are gone now and the naps have stopped. Hallelujah!
- We’ve been eating a lot of homemade french fries with homemade ketchup. This stuff is seriously awesome. We will continue to eat this after our fast is over. Probably with a cheeseburger.
- It’s all just food, right? It’s not a big deal. That’s what I keep telling myself. I’m learning some good self-control, which I need. And I have to say my Jesus time has been really good this last week (when I haven’t been sleeping!). He’s been showing us new things, changing our way of thinking, bringing us from glory to glory. It’s been amazing! And I know things will continue to get even better from here on out. Jesus is so good!
Okay. I’m about to bore you with my meal plan. You can go to a different blog now if you want. I won’t be sad.
Potatoes and rice, people, that’s what we’re eating. For being a “foodie”, I’m kind of boring.
As I started typing this week’s meal plan I realized it was pretty much the same as last week. (Told you I was boring!). So, if you’re really curious to see what we’ll be eating you can look at our meal plan from last week. I do have plans for eating a ton of this Mexican Rice, though. I can’t get enough of it. It’s that good! And a friend gave me some vegetarian chili, which is about to end up on top of some baked potatoes. Yum!
I hope everyone has a fabulous week!