I honestly can’t believe I’m even posting these recipes. Until about two months ago I didn’t even know what a chickpea was, let alone eat one. Sure shows you as to what eating healthy will do for you.
So, we’ve been eating a lot of chickpeas. The Baby in particular loves them. I think she’d eat a whole can if I let her. Silly Baby.
I’ve got three varieties of roasted chickpeas for you: Spiced, Honey Roasted, and Sweet and Salty. These are our favorites, although I’m always open to trying something new.
Out of the three chickpea recipes, I don’t really have a favorite. They’re so different and so good in their own way. Reinman says his favorites are the Spiced. The Honey Roasted Chickpeas remind of honey roasted peanuts. Love!
The Spiced ones have their own unique flavor. They’re a little spicy, and I like that.
And the Sweet and Salty have a really nice cinnamon-y flavor. I love cinnamon.
Roasted Chickpeas Three Ways
- 15 oz can of Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and one of the following:
- Spiced: 1 T olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, pinch of salt, pinch of cayenne
- Honey Roasted: 1 & 1/2 T honey, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Sweet and Salty: 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 & 1/2 tsp brown sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Open your can of chickpeas. Drain, and rinse them. Pat dry with paper towel. Put chickpeas on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chickpeas are crunchy. Mix halfway through.
- In a small bowl, add whatever version of the roasted chickpeas you want to make. If you are doing one with olive oil, I would recommend mixing your chickpeas with oil first, and then adding your spices.
- You’re all done and ready to have a yummy, healthy snack! I would recommend eating these the same day you make them.
– the Jilb