Boy, do I have a treat for you. Strawberry salsa. This snack, dessert, or whatever you want to call it is SO good. And it’s good for you!
Another family favorite, this salsa is perfect for summer. I know it’s not summer yet, but we just got hit with a bunch of snow last week, and I really needed something that reminded me of summer. So, strawberry salsa it is!
Also this is the perfect party food. Really. You cut up all your fruit, add a little honey, and let it sit in the fridge for awhile to marry, and then you make your cinnamon chips, and you are good to go!
Make this and you won’t regret it. Ever. And everybody will thank you!
Strawberry Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
recipe from BeckyMom, who I believe got it from Sparkpeople
- 1 lb strawberries, chopped
- 1 kiwi, cut up
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- zest of one orange
- 2 T honey
- wheat or white tortillas
- non-stick spray
- cinnamon (and sugar if you want)
- In a large bowl, mix all your fruit and orange zest. Mix in your honey and then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line tortillas on a baking sheet. Spray with non-stick spray and then sprinkle cinnamon (and sugar if wanted) on top of tortillas. Cut tortillas into triangles and bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy.
– the Jilb