What they really should be called is Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Filled Strawberries. But that is wayyyyyy too long for a name.
If you make these, you will be delighted. And so will anyone you feed them too. (That is if you want to share. If you don’t, I don’t blame you at all.)
I think these little guys would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. They’re easy to make, perfectly sweet and yummy!
We had these for dessert last week, and as soon as the Baby saw them she cried and whined until I gave her one… ahem, or three. Needless to say, I think I’ll have to make these again soon or I won’t hear the end of the whining (and boy, can that Baby whine!).
I also just wanted to say that if you do make these, make sure you make alot. They will go like hot cakes, and you’ll be left wanting more. Seriously.
Strawberry Delights (Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Filled Strawberries)
recipe inspired from The Sweets Life
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- chocolate, melted (I used white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips)
- sprinkles, for garnish
- Wash your strawberries, cut the tops off and use a paring knife to cut out the middle. Set aside on a paper plate lined with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, cream your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together until all mixed together. Put cream cheese mixture in a piping bag or a small ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. (In the original recipe she doubled her cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. The holes in my strawberries weren’t that big, so I halved it. Do what you think is best.)
- Fill strawberries with cream cheese mixture.
- Dip the tops of your cheesecake filled strawberries in your chocolate. Set on wax paper until chocolate is set and dry. Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
– the Jilb